Plan the Year Ahead
How do you feel about the year ahead?
- Do you feel excited or stressed by the prospect of more of the same?
- Is it time to address life?
- Is it time to plan your future rather than your future controlling you?
If you want to plan your future:
- Read the blog post “12 Month Life Review”.
- Complete the exercises in ’12 Month Life Review’.
Secondly, answer the questions below:
- What things from the last 12 months do you definitely want to include/repeat in the coming 12 months?
- What things from the last 12 months do you want to make part of your routine throughout the next 12 months?
- What new things do you want to experience/achieve /incorporate in the next 12 months?
- What are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
- How can you make next the next 12 months work for you?
- What do you think your biggest achievement will be in the next 12 months?
Thirdly, create a ‘Year Plan’. The ‘Year Plan’ will help you to stay focused on exactly how you’d like next 12 months to pan out:
- Note down your answers from the questions above.
- On a separate sheet of paper draw a 12 square grid.
- Label the 12 squares in accordance with the months of the year.
- For inspiration use the last exercise “12 Month Life Review” and your answers to the questions above. Think about how you would like each of the boxes to look in comparison to last 12 boxes.
- Make each box represent your desired experience for that month.
You could use:
Words / Drawings / Collage / Colours / Symbols
- Use this finished piece as inspiration. You could hang it somewhere that it will act as a reminder for your intentions. Perhaps in a workspace to help keep you focused, or near your bed so you see it when you wake up each day.
How did you find this exercise?
Leave your comments below, or contact Rebecca if you would like to work one-to-one using creative therapy to better explore yourself and your life.