How do you feel about the year ahead?
Do you feel excited or stressed by the prospect of more of the same?
Is it time to address life?
Is it time to plan your future rather than your future controlling you?
If you want to plan your future firstly carry out the previous exercise:
“12 Month Life Review”.
Secondly answer the questions below:
- What things from last year do you definitely want to include/repeat this coming year?
- What things from last year do you want to make part of next year’s routine?
- What new things do you want to experience / achieve / incorporate next year?
- What are you most looking forward to next year?
- How can you make next year work for you?
- What do you think your biggest achievement will be next year?
Thirdly create a ‘Year Plan’. The ‘Year Plan’ will help you to stay focused on exactly how you’d like next year to pan out:
- Note down your answers from the questions above.
- On a separate sheet of paper draw a 12 square grid.
- Label the 12 squares in accordance with the months of the year.
- For inspiration use the last exercise “12 Month Life Review” and your answers to the questions above. Think about how you would like each of next year’s boxes to look in comparison to last year’s boxes.
- Make each box represent your desired experience of that month. You could use: Words / Drawings / Collage / Colours / Symbols
- Use this finished piece as inspiration. You could hang it somewhere that it will act as a reminder for your intentions. Perhaps in a work space to help keep you focused or near your bed so you see it when you wake up each day.
How did you find this exercise?
Leave your comments below or contact Rebecca if you would like to work one-to-one using creative therapy to better explore yourself and your life.